Monday 13 September 2010

Phewee mrs!

Yesterday one half of Ding Dong (Josie) popped on her bike and Pedalled for Scotland!

Weird circle bike!
When I woke up in the morning, couldnt believe how nervous I was. But the the sun was certainly shining down on us. Pedal for Scotland is a charity ride starting at Glasgow, glides past Lanarkshire and ends in Edinburgh. 

There is such an array of different bikes including tadems, low riding cyles, tadem trikes, Penny Frathings (3 started at the same time as me) and this incredible bike that 7 people get one! Best way to discribe is they all sit in a circle but it goes straight! here is a picture of it.

cyclist with Penny Farthing
There was such a great atmosphere throughout the day. We managed to finish it in about under 5 hours. I really recommend anyone to give it a chance. 

I was riding in aid of SAMH charity, Scottish Association of Mental Health.This charity not only helps people suffering with mental health issues but also helps fight the stigma of mental health. If you have a little spare change I would love if you sponsored me. Every penny counts. my page is www.justgiving.com/josiemckay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the Ding Dong Designs blog!