Tuesday 19 July 2011

Bag your old bras!

As I haven't been able to shut my underwear drawer for months, I thought it best to have a good old clear out. I knew I did have a love for tights but after rummaging I have quickly learnt I borderline fanatical on tights. (Note to self: DO NOT buy any more tights. In fact don't go near the tights dept in shops.)

Please note: this is NOT an actually picture of the bra hat
So was chucking out bags of stuff and thought some of this is a waste, but really can't put it back in to sit unwore in darkest, deepest corners of the drawer next to the lavender cushions or smelly soap in a box (hope I'm not the only one who does that...) 

After inventing the bra hat, I thought better of it and had a gander online to discover that you can infact donate your old and unused bras to charity! Brill, just what I was hoping.

There seems to be a few charities doing different things but to save you surfing for too long here's one I've picked. Yorkshire Air Ambulance collect them through Bag It Up and when they have 200,000 they send them over to West Africa where they are needed. So don't through them out, send them to: 

‘Bag it Up’
Calder Street
West Vale
Greetland
Halifax
HX4 8AQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the Ding Dong Designs blog!